With the warm weather coming, now is the time to entertain your friends and family. And, what could be better than homemade pizza??
It is easy, fast and relatively inexpensive. And who doesn’t like pizza, right???
We have even surprised you with some fun, delicious and easy dessert pizza recipes. And what better and easier way to serve up that pizza than with the EurKitchen Deluxe Pizza Cutter and Server??
Quick and Easy Pizza Dough (Makes one 10-inch pizza)
2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 cup of warm water (110 degrees)
2 1/2 cups of bread flour or all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy (about 10 minutes).
3. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth and let rest for about 5 minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll it into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan, baker’s peel or baking sheet. Dust with cornmeal.
5. Spread with desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Pizza with Store Bought Crust (Makes two 10-inch pizzas)
1 pound of pizza dough (store-bought or homemade
1/2-1 cup of tomato sauce
2-3 cups of other toppings: sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, diced peppers, leftover veggies, or any other favorite toppings
1-2 cups (8-16 ounces) of mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
Cornmeal or flour (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 550° F
2. One pound of dough makes two 10-inch pizzas. Slice the dough in half and cover one half with an upside-down bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the first pizza.
3. Brush a thin film of olive oil on a baking sheet. Working with one piece of the dough at a time, form it into a large disk with your hands and lay it on the baking sheet, dusted with cornmeal. Use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick or less. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for 5 minutes and then continue rolling.
4. Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into the center of the pizza and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to the edges. Pile on your toppings.
5. Bake the pizza right on the baking sheet. Cook for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese looks toasted and gooey.
6. Let the pizza cool slightly on a cooling rack, just until you’re able to handle it. Slice it into pieces and serve.
Feta and Spinach Stuffed Bread
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning or mixture of dried basil and oregano
1 can of thin refrigerated pizza crust (11 ounces)
1 cup of spinach leaves (tough stems removed) – washed and patted dry
1/2 cup of thinly sliced roasted peppers – patted dry
1/2 cup of feta cheese
Optional: Chopped kalamata olives
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, mix 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, the parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
3. Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese lengthwise over half of the dough. Top with spinach, roasted peppers, feta cheese and olives.
4. Fold dough in half lengthwise to enclose filling, pressing to seal on each side.
5. Poke all over with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese-garlic mixture.
6. Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
7. Cool 5 minutes.
Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz.) of chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
4 snack-size containers (3.5 oz each) of chocolate pudding
¼ cup of chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Spread dough evenly in the pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack (approximately 30 minutes). Remove cookie crust to serving platter.
4. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Spread over crust. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with nuts.
Cut into wedges with your EurKitchen Deluxe Pizza Cutter and Server.
Rocky Road Dessert Pizza
1 roll (16.5 oz.) of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 cup of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup of salted peanuts
1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup of prepared caramel topping
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 12” pizza pan with cooking spray.
3. Break up cookie dough and press with floured fingers onto the prepared pan to form a crust.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle marshmallows, peanuts and chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
6. Drizzle with caramel topping.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes until topping is melted. Cool for 1 hour.
Cut into wedges and serve.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”3″ gal_title=”Pizza”]